ReformedEsq

An attorney's reflections on life, law, theology, sports, and other random topics. Enjoy!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Movin' On

I was up until 3 this morning packing our PODS container, and I've still got a few items to put in it prior to their arrival sometime between 11:30 and 2:30. Putting some of the last of the larger items in the POD yesterday began to make it real that this relocation is really happening. God has had a way of shaking my life up just as I perceived settling or comfort; I had always thought that the Valley would be a stopover, but just recently, beginning my fourth year at the firm this past June, I thought it would be a little longer than that. Instead, a casual conversation turned into a job offer four months later.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and made some great friends; I only regret that I did not grow spiritually as much as I ought, simply treading water for a good bit of the time I have been here and sitting on my theological laurels, having not really grown much in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Even more lamentable, I did not share the Gospel well (if at all) with the 50 plus people I would come into contact with at work on a regular basis. I am consoled by the fact that a good man moved in next door to me at the office earlier this year who has no problem sharing his faith, and I pray that the Lord would use him in a mighty way, that God's grace will be known.

Moving on is moving back; back to an area that we somewhat know and yet don't know. We lived at the Beach, now we're going to an area near there, but many of our friends have moved (or are moving) and so it will be like starting over again.

I just finished my last day at a job where for the first time I left for a better opportunity--not because school was starting (or ending) or the job was done. So it's weird in a way. Now we see what God has in store, which is why this is exciting/nerve-wracking/amazing all at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home